Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Interview with Kim Heechul on the Accident in Singapore



Super Junior’s members Kim Heechul and Leeteuk were in a 7 cars accident. The management company SM Entertainment eased the fans’ mind by saying, “the two people are fine. When they come back to Korea on the 31st, they will go to the hospital and receive an examination. “

When Super Junior successfully finished SM Town Live in Tokyo which was held at Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo, Japan, they visited Singapore on the 28th for their concert Super Show3 which was to be held on the 29th and 30th.
When Super Junior arrived at the airport, many fans were present. Some diehard fans rode on several cars and started to chase the stars’ van which was heading to the hotel. A dangerous race ensued and finally, a car hit the van which Leeteuk and Heechul were riding on, creating the first accident. Afterward, 5 cars that were chasing the van continuously collided with each other making the collisions into a 7 cars accident. The accident was featured in Singapore newspapers.
Talking to Sportsworld over the phone, Kim Heechul expressed his discomfort saying, “my body’s not feeling good because of my back pain.”  He added, “it was horrible because it reminded me of the past incident. Leeteuk and I experienced it before.” In April 2007, Super Junior was involved a car accident when the van that the members rode on rolled over leaving Kyuhyun in a critical condition. In August of 2006, Heechul was in a car accident when he was on his way back from visiting the funeral of Donghae’s father. Heechul had hip and ankle fractures and was hospitalized for 12 weeks. He received a surgery to put 7 metal pins in his left leg.
Heechul said, “because of the aftereffect of the accident I had before, I can’t go to sleep in the car and I can’t bend my legs well.  I’m not going to happy complain about how I want to have a private life. But I don’t want to risk my life to receive love.”
Source: Sportsworld
Translated by Minnie @ SUJUISM.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment